PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
PhoneCasesMart.com (“PhoneCasesMart,” “we” or “us,”) has created the
of the following: what information we collect, when we collect it, how
and why we collect it, how we use it, how we protect it, how we share it
and what choices you have regarding our collection and use of this
constitutes your acceptance and agreement to the terms contained in this
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Types of Information We Collect
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Information on how you are using the Sites
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
- We Collect Information When
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information
about our products and services from the site or mobile applications.
- You create an PhoneCasesMart.com account
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the site or participate in interactive features of the site or mobile applications.
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page, Twitter page, Instagram page or YouTube channel.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- You interact with any of the Sites through your computer, tablet or mobile device.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other
technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This
information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser
information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system,
date/time stamp and click stream data. This information helps us
customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more
relevant. It also allows us to provide features such as storage of
items in your cart between visits. This includes our content presented
on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best
customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting
and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website,
performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those
Third Party Cookies
- We allow third-party companies to collect anonymous information
when you visit the site and to use that information to serve ads for
our products or services or for products or services of other companies
when you visit the site or other websites. These companies may use
anonymous information (e.g., navigational, non-personally identifiable
information, click stream information, browser type, time and date,
subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during your
visits to the Sites and other websites in order to provide
advertisements about our goods and services likely to be of interest to
you. These parties may use a cookie or a third party web beacon, or
other technologies, to collect this information.
User Experience Information
In order to improve customer online shopping experience, help with
fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in
resolving issues customers may experience in completing online
purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information,
including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data
regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g.,
information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from companies that can enhance our
existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the
information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address
information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve
the relevancy of our marketing by providing better product
recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room,
or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other
participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are
responsible for the information you choose to submit in these
- We may offer mobile applications (commonly known as “apps”) that
allow you to shop online, check product availability, learn about sales
- Although you do not have to provide your location information to
us to use our mobile applications, our services require a zip code to
function. If you have questions about location and notification
privacy, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer
of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you.
- Provide any requested services.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests.
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages.
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions.
- Improve the effectiveness of the site, mobile experience, and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys.
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business.
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and
procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of
information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the site use
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name
and address so only we are able to decode the information.
- Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to
be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. “Phishing”
is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail
that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not
respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your
password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
Information About Children
- We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy
where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children's
privacy and we comply fully with the Children's Online Privacy
Protection Act (COPPA). We will never knowingly request or collect
personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior
verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is
under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to us, for any
purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or
her information from our files.
We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and
immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank
or credit card company. We ask all our customers to take measures to
help protect information in their online accounts, including the
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Use complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters).
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed
and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially
when using a public computer or terminal
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We do not sell or rent customer information to third parties;
except, under limited circumstances outlined below, we may share
information with third parties.
The PhoneCasesMart Family
- We share information we collect with the PhoneCasesMart family, which
includes all of our subsidiaries and affiliates. The PhoneCasesMart family
may use this information to offer you products and services that may be
of interest to you.
- We may share information with companies that provide support
services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, or data
enhancement provider) or that help us market our products and services.
These companies may need information about you in order to perform
their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the
information we share with them for any other purpose.
- We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe
disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply
applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the
rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others.
When You Direct Us
- At your direction or request, we may share your information.
- If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we
generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our
customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE
You also have the ability to unsubscribe to promotional e-mails via the
opt-out link included in each e-mail. It may take up to 10 business
days before you stop receiving promotional e-mails.
Important Notices and Transactional E-mail
- From time to time, we may send non-commercial electronic email
messages with important information about us or the site to your email
- We regularly send email order confirmations, email order
updates and “leave a review” emails to you after you have submitted an
- We may distribute mobile coupons and text messages to mobile
devices of customers who have requested this information via an opt-in
request. Customers will be able to opt out of a specific mobile
- The help function of your browser should contain instructions to
set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is
issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer
to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services
cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take
full advantage of all of the Site features.
Third Party Cookies
- If you do not wish to receive promotional communication from us,
call us at email@example.com to opt out. This opt out does not apply to
operational communication, for example, confirmation of delivery
HOW DO YOU ACCESS AND UPDATE THE INFORMATION
In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can
access or update some of your information in the following ways:
- If you have created an account, you can log in and update your
account information, including contact, billing, and shipping
- Contact us with your current contact information and the
information you would like to access. We will provide you the
information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more
fully the types of information we typically collect.
- This site may offer links to other sites. If you visit one of
addition, you may have visited our website through a link or a banner
advertisement on another site. In such cases, the site you linked from
may collect information from people who click on the banner or link.
You may want to refer to the privacy policies on those sites to see how
they collect and use this information.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER PRIVACY
- For most non-US transactions, we have partnered with third party
companies (“Vendors”) that we have selected to help us facilitate
international transactions. We work closely with these Vendors to
ensure that your transaction is handled with care and all the
information you provide is secure.
- As an international customer, when you click on the checkout
button, you will be redirected to a checkout page hosted by a Vendor to
complete your order. On the checkout page, you will be required to
select a method of payment and submit credit card and other information
to such Vendor to complete your order. On the checkout page, you will be
presented with the Vendor’s terms and conditions which you must agree
to in order to complete your order.
- Upon completion and approval of your order by such Vendor, the
Vendor will notify us of the approval and we will process your order and
cause it to be shipped directly to the Vendor. In this process, the
Vendor will purchase those items in your order from us, thereby taking
title to the items, bill your credit card, collect and remit any duties
and taxes to the appropriate taxing authority and arrange for the
delivery of your order. In this process, the Vendor makes the sale to
you as the merchant of record, but we are legally obligated to deliver
your order as set forth in our Terms and Conditions.
- If you have questions about your order, you should direct them to us and not to the Vendor.
- The Vendors may give you the opportunity to receive marketing
messages from them, in which case you should refer to their terms and
conditions for details about how they use your information.
- The Vendors have assured us that they will process information
received from you with at least the same level of privacy protection as
set forth in the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US
Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of
information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. If
you choose to provide us and/or the Vendors with information, you
consent to the transfer and storage of that information on servers
located in the United States.
- Any information you provide us is controlled and processed by PhoneCasesMart.comor its suppliers (where indicated herein). As mentioned herein,
your information provided at checkout will be controlled and processed
by a Vendor.
By accessing the Site or interacting with us, you consent to our use
of information that is collected or submitted as described in this
encourage you to review it periodically.